Tuesday, November 29, 2016


A reminder from Maya Angelou

"I don't know if I continue, even today. always liking myself.  But what I learned to do many years ago was to forgive myself.  It is very important for every human being to forgive herself or himself, because if you live, you will make mistakes - it is inevitable.  But once you do, and you see the mistake, then you forgive yourself and say, 'Well, if I'd known better, I'd have done better,' that's all.  So you say to people who you think you may have injured, 'I'm sorry,' and then you say to yourself, 'I'm sorry.'  The real difficulty is to overcome how you think abut yourself.  If we don't have that, we never grow, we never learn, and sure as hell we should never teach."

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear from you!

Just A Thought

"There were no sex classes. No friendship classes. No classes on how to navigate a bureaucracy, build an organization, raise money, ...