Monday, May 30, 2016

Understanding Twins


For several years, I have wondered about twins.  Why is it necessary for two separate spirits to reincarnate together in bodies that looked identical (or nearly identical in the case of fraternal twins)?
 
At one of our Chicago sessions, a visiting spirit gave our group the opportunity to ask questions, so I asked:
 
Spirit 2 (via Nelson from October 12, 2014):  Don Polo had arrived, and he spoke to Jeff from his position behind Nelson.  Jeff had often wondered about twins.  Why did two separate spirits need to look alike in the spirit world?  Don Paulo explained that it had nothing to do with the material world.  These spirits had made a commitment to reincarnate together before arriving in the material world.  The spirits were not strong enough to reincarnate as individuals, so they had to come connected, as twins (or triplets, etc.).  Don Polo knew that Jeff had often thought that it might be interesting to have been a twin.  He told Jeff that if he had come as a twin, Jeff would have hated him, as Jeff liked, "his own individuality."  Don Polo also told Jeff that he could ask to be a twin in his next reincarnation, and that if he did, he would be "two of the same" (an identical twin, not fraternal).  Don Polo also explained that Nelson and his spirit guide were not twins, although they were as close as twins, and like twins, they often sensed and understood each others feelings.  Don Polo added that, "At this level, you can imagine how difficult it is with triplets (and other large groups of siblings that look identical but have different spirits)."  Don Polo knew that we had many questions about the spirits that we hoped would be answered, but we could not understand everything yet.  "Keep studying," he advised.
 
Here is what Kardec wrote on the issue:
 
The twins do not share a soul, but they have a similar soul profile.  Just as you may have a similar personality or specific traits as other members of your family.  Many twins also have something that you may not have - a method of telepathic communication among themselves.  That communication is similar to what mediums experience with their guides as it involves understanding thoughts.  Remember with twins, one of them was reluctant to reincarnate.  The other twin promised to come along - with a material body that was identical (or very similar).  Physically, the twins look the same, but their two separate spirits needed a method of continuing their communication. 
 
In the photo below, the media presented the two babies holding hands as something cute.  In reality, one spirit was reluctant to reincarnate, so the other spirit offered a hand to pull the other one twin into the material world.  Wouldn't they need a way for those two spirits to still communicate in the material world?
 
newborntwinshands.hold.jpg (480×360)
 
So if twins contain one apprehensive spirit, is the suicide rate higher for twins?  Twins are less likely to commit suicide, as strong material world relationships are a deterrent to suicide.  Twins share an especially strong bond.  But the research also indicates that the strongest factor in any suicide is mental illness, which is slightly more common among twins.  The twins look the same, but they are still two separate souls with individual personalities - and it's difficult to be unique when someone looks just like we do.  Another interesting finding was that if an identical twin attempts suicide, his/her co-twin has a 17.5% increased risk of making the same attempt (11.3% for fraternal twins). 
 
Read more here:
And here:
 
If twins are two separate souls who often have a telepathic connection to help them progress when they return to the material world, what happens when the twins do not want to reincarnate together?  We had an interesting example in our Florida May 15, 2016:
 
Spirit 3 (via Nelson):  Our discussion about twins brought a new spirit to the table who was a twin:
Spirit: In my case, I was a criminal.  I was a twin, and I had to be born with the spirit who killed me.  The only way we could make it was for us to come together - even though I hated him.  We came in holding hands, and I hated him!  I couldn't do it again and I wouldn't do it again.  I knew he would kill me again, or I would kill him - even if we came as brothers.  I couldn't kill my own brother.  How wrong.  How wrong that would be.  If they knew I was capable of doing that, why would I come with him?
Astrid: You need a lesson of love.
Spirit: I failed again.  I did it again, I committed the same crime with him.  And you call that love?  They brought me here today to convince me to do it again.  To come with him a third time.  And there is a chance that we might do the same thing again.  (Note: In the first life, one twin killed the other, and in the second life, the roles were reversed.)  It's hard to forgive someone who kills you.  You try, you think you are capable.  You say yes, they send you together, and it happens again.  I don't know what to do.
Jeff: You can fix that relationship.
Astrid: Learn your lesson and start loving him.
Jackie: If you succeed, it will be all over.  You know it's wrong now, when all you had before was hate.  Now you know better.
Spirit: He's putting out his hand again.  I don't want it.  Can I do that task without him?
Astrid: I guess not.  Let go of the past.
Spirit: They cannot prepare our next life until I agree.  How can I put behind what has been done twice?  I do want to come.  (pause)  I guess I have to say yes.  It's my last chance.  (pause)  I'll take that hand  (weeping).  I am going to close my hand, close my mind, and say yes.  (reaching out his arm)  They will take us to that place to be born again.
Astrid: You will succeed.
Spirit (tearfully):  Thank you for helping me understand.  I'm going to take his hand again (closed his hand tightly), and we are going to do it again...
 
As Nelson recovered, Caballito returned with a message for Jeff:
Caballito: Take what you experienced here and write something about it on that place where you write.  Take what we started today and expand it, using the opinions of others.
Jeff: I will, thank you.
 
And the above is what I wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear from you!

Just A Thought

"There were no sex classes. No friendship classes. No classes on how to navigate a bureaucracy, build an organization, raise money, ...