Friday, November 10, 2017

Chicago - July 9, 2017

In attendance: Alex, Bernardo, Carmen, Denise, Emiliano, Erika, Esperanza, Frank, Gabe, Isaac, Isabel, Jeff, Maricela, Milargros, Nelson, Ron, Sonia, and X 
 
After the opening prayer, Carmen read the prayer for obsessive spirits.  Maricela told the group that her father and sister would be driving back to Chicago this week.
 
Spirit 1 (via Nelson):  Carmen shared that Bernardo's often unstable uncle in the spirit world had been locked up.  The spirit of the uncle wanted vengeance, and he wanted to (spiritually) move in with Bernardo's sister.  The uncle felt mistreated and that he was never accepted by anyone in the family while he was on earth, and now in the spirit world.  Until he found some sort of retribution against his family members, the uncle insisted that he did not want the help of anyone.  His spirit was still very material.  The spirit of the uncle thought that anytime someone from his family parked their car, that person was running over his body, which was lying on the ground.
 
Nelson glanced a Maricela, and the discussion about Bernardo's uncle was postponed.  About a month ago, Maricela's family held a large party at their house.  Maricela said that spiritual prayers were said before the event, but during the celebration for her father's 90th birthday, there was also a Catholic ceremony - with people dressed in white, priestly robes, and someone waving incense.  The ceremony had attracted several Catholic spirits, and they had been lingering in the house for five weeks.  Nelson explained that these spirits believed that the Catholic ceremony was their invitation to the party, and now they were waiting for the party to resume.  (We cannot combine Spiritism with Catholicism.)  The spirits left at the house were bored, and tired of waiting for the party to resume.  They were creating their own "jamboree" party.  The spirit of a priest was present, and when he stood up in Maricela's house, the hair on her dog would also rise.  The priest sat through Nelson:
Spirit: I am a priest, and that is why I am putting incense and holy water on that place.  We protected ourselves from magic spells.  They invited others to that party, and we do not get along well with them.  Those things cannot be there!  Let's have our own party!  And damages?   We are capable of so much more.  (Carmen coached the spirit)  I'm waiting for one more to arrive (looked over his shoulder).  Never mind, that one is afraid.  He ran away.  It's so hot in here!  Well, I am not leaving, I am waiting for him to return.  I need to hear four bells.  Then it will be a real party!  That other party was horrible.  Our parties had four bells, until we had sixteen.  We would be so loud!  (looked over his shoulder again)  I am waiting here to take that old one (Maricela's father) with us.  Our party, our celebration - it will be when he passes on.  To forgive, they say, is easy.  But that family asks for forgiveness, and then they don't change.  I did not like seeing those other people (spirits) there.  Always talking about the past - what past?  That old guy (Don Juan) he was the devil in this life!  (pause)  They just put all of us into a corner.  I don't like that, I belong right in the middle of things.  (to Maricela)  Why would you invite us over there?  With that cowardly old guy?  (to the spirit guide)  Let go of me!  I'm all wrapped up now, he cannot mess with me like that!  I was planning an unforgettable night. We had all the cars arranged, ready to pick everyone up, but now he (the spirit guide) doesn't want me to be there, waiting for that old man.  (whispered)  After the dancing, that old guy was going to end up in a box.  (Maricela advised the spirit to look for light)  I don't want to see any light!  Darkness is better.  Some people here are shutting their eyes, to avoid seeing the light.  Let me tell you who we are.  We are
14 bell ringers
21 priests (curing)
18 nuns (females)
24 monjos (male monks)
and one more - me.  We are leaving, and playing all of our bells.  (to Maricela)  Don't let them fool you.  Don't call us when you want to have a party - it will only call others to you.
 
Spirit 2 (via Carmen): The spirit of the priest and his group danced away, and his energy left Nelson exhausted.  Carmen wanted to refocus on the spirit of Bernardo's uncle, as he was ready to speak:
Spirit (mournful): How can anyone forgive something so unforgivable?  They are still punishing me over here.  I'm being shoved, and people are putting out their lit cigarettes on my arm.  They used to give me rum (in the material world) to get me drunk, and then they (Bernardo and his siblings) would do things to me.  Why didn't anyone see the abuse?  (Nelson coached the spirit)  Sometimes I pack up all my stuff (in the spirit world) and I am ready to leave, but not until they pay for what they did!  That one (Bernardo's sister) was the leader behind those things.  She stole my clothes, and I was a naked old man.  I could have showered myself, but they burned me and then put the cold water on it!
Nelson: Today you will be happy.
Spirit: But how are they going to pay for what they did?  Bernardo could have said something!
Nelson: There is no need for you to drink anymore and be unhappy.  You can come and see them, but you cannot mock them or cause harm.
Spirit: Will I ever feel better?
Nelson: Learn to love yourself, and later you will be able to forgive them.
Spirit: They are giving me a clean white shirt - and water.  I am going to go with them and learn.  I can't live with this suffering.  (to Bernardo)  Don't forget about me!  I'm sorry for all the events from this past week...
 
Spirit 3 (via Nelson):  Nelson commented that the room was filled with angry, obsessive spirits.  He asked X and Isaac if they spoke to their father about the behavior of their younger brother.  They did (and so did Sonia), but nothing had changed.
Nelson: The resentment is getting stronger between the brothers - on both sides.  He (Sebastian) is doing wrong things, and no one says anything to him about his behavior.  It's a house filled with angry energy.  (to Isaac and X)  I see your father, and when something happens, he just turns his head and smiles at your brother's behavior. 
Carmen: There is a spirit in the house saying that there was nothing to talk about.
Nelson: Sebastian wants to divide and conquer.  He has created animosity among the entire family.  There was a fight over a pizza?  He ate the entire pizza, instead of sharing it?  He does whatever he wants, and he knows that no one will do anything about it.  He says, 'I'm little, but I will take all of you down.' 
 
A cocky spirit influencing Sebastian arrived through Nelson:
Spirit: Say something to me, go ahead!  I have friends.  It's what I want, when I want it.  (laughed)  I threw away that last piece of pizza away, just so they couldn't have it!  I don't want to talk to them (Isaac and X), I only want everything to be for me.  I'm all that matters.  I want them to leave, to get out of that house.  Go live with grandma!  I'm the owner of that house.
Sonia: They are not going to leave.  And you are not the owner.
Spirit (regarding Sonia):  She bothers me again!  Always over there, always with a story! 
Sonia: I am telling you my story, why don't you tell us yours?
Spirit: The little one, he does everything I say!  When I say it, how I say it.  I tell him what to do and say.  I fill his mouth with those (profane) words. 
Sonia: Don't do that to him anymore.
Spirit: Do you want to know what he thinks?  He thinks he has no one, except for me.  And we have plans.  We are going to shut everyone up.  He gets his anger from me - he's my best friend.  What we have planned, in the near future -  it will shock the hell out of everyone!  Everyone will finally respect me for who I am. 
Sonia: He doesn't need that.
Spirit: Yes he does!  He belongs with us, not them.
Jeff: He is in another dimension.  You are still alive, but you are in the spirit world, without a body.  But he is in the material world, and he has a body.
Spirit (confused): He doesn't belong to me?  But I can talk to him!  I smelled the pizza!  He cannot leave us, or we will be uneven.
Jeff: Uneven?
Spirit: Are you stupid?  An uneven number.  We are twelve, and if he goes, we will only have eleven.
Jeff: He has a different family now.  It's time to let all that go.  Be with your spirit family, not his material one.
Spirit: It's time to go?  Now this guy (the spirit guide) is giving the orders?  I have to leave him behind, and I don't like it.  But let me tell you something, you better keep an eye on him.  There are others.  Eleven of us will leave.  (to Isaac and X)  I'm sorry I ate your pizza.  He (the spirit guide) said to tell you that we are eleven confused boys...
 
After the spirit was removed, Sonia recommended that X and Isaac include their brother more, to make his life a part of theirs.  It would be a way for Sebastian to feel that he was a part of them, as long as they cautioned him to leave his attitude behind. 
 
Carmen noticed the spirit of Cando (Marisol's uncle, who had his own center when he was in the material world).  His spirit was still unsettled (not elevated), as he had been making fun of the people that he once charged money for his advice/visit.  He thought he had the power to clean away spiritual debris from homes, but now he was discovering that what he did needed to be repaid.
 
Spirit 4 (via Nelson):  Cando's spirit was being used as an example by a group of spirits who wanted to close down centers such as ours.  Nelson heard a spirit say, "If you worked with chickens, cow blood and bells, this place would be packed! He (Cando) is now reaping what he sowed."  It seemed that Cando's center was not always organized, and there was a spirit who hoped to encourage us to work in a similar manner.  The spirit was a black madame, and she sat through Nelson, with Carmen coaching:
Spirit: We all have fifteen different specialities, and I need a chance to work!  Let me blow some smoke in your direction.  We are all lined up - with crystal balls, shells, cards, cigars - and all of us want the chance to bring our element in here.  We are all here, right next to him (Cando).
Sonia: And if someone doesn't have the money, then they do not receive anything.
Spirit (laughing):  I only accept those who can pay me!  I check them all out before they arrive.  I can get you some virgins - $200 a pop - but of course (laughing) they are not really virgins. I have eggs with no yolks, and when you get one of those, you need to pay me to find love.  We do everything - kill someone, divorce, I can bring you a dozen of those eggs with no yolks, and if you get a red one, for $600 you will not die that week!  I convinced everyone that Cando was coming to this table (laughing)!  We used him!  I see everything.  I am a madame, a white one, but I can turn into an Aunt Jemina if you want it!  I use fools.  They work for me.  I do have a boss, but if I ask him things, I can be kicked out.  I short-change him anyway.  I can speak several languages, and everyone always comes back to me - until they can't pay me!  I know I am a spirit, and if I get caught, I will just take all of my eggs and run.  The places I go are always packed.  I can tell all of you a lot about your friends for $20, but I only take $100 bills and (laughing) I cannot make any change!  What a job!  You should see what a charge to light four candles.  (pause)  But I don't like this place, all of you are cheap.  I was holding out a basket, and I only decided to talk to make some money, but it's empty.  People can fool themselves, but not us.  This guy next to me (the spirit guide) keeps talking - telling me this is a "test" day for me.  What test?  I see everything, I can convince anyone.  But this guy knows all about me.  We are eight madames and two others with cigars, but they are not with us.  He knows it all.  I thought he was with us when he asked me to sit.  That cigar one?  He can keep that black candle.  It's not good.  They want me to clean Cando.  He tells me it will be my first job.  Be careful when you open that door (Nelson saw the madame spirit standing in the back of the temple when we started), and you have to be careful, because we can see you, too.
 
Spirit 5 (via Nelson):  At the start of the session, Carmen noticed a spirit with Jeff.  Nelson was studying the spirit now, and he told Jeff it was a female spirit in a wedding dress:
Nelson: She loves him, and only him.  He can try to avoid her as much as he wants, but he belongs to her.  She has been with him for a long time, and if he thinks he will marry someone else, he is wrong.  He will marry her.  It will be only the two of you.  (The spirit moved forward to explain more through Nelson):
Spirit: He likes me, he wants to be with me, he's mine!  (to Jeff)  And he (Gabe) is not your son!  Your son is here with me, and he does not like it when you call the other one your son!  Where is my veil?  I need it for the wedding, and I cannot find it.  Our son was mad at you yesterday, and I had to control him.  Why do you continue to deny us?  Do not plan a wedding, we are having our wedding, as soon as I can find my veil.  Now you know why you never had a single female get close to you, I kept them all away.  But when I heard about those wedding plans, now where is my veil?  I am never letting you go.  I'm almost ready for the wedding, just a few more details to go.  I have the dress, the flowers, the shoes, but I am missing my veil, and I cannot get married without it.  I came to ask you where my veil is.  (began to cry)  Are you hiding it?  Where is my veil?  I need it to get married, and we are getting married, because we have our son!  I did something before the wedding that I shouldn't have, and now our son will be at the wedding.
Jeff: I think he has your veil with him.
Spirit (very emotional): That's not the veil I need, I need to concentrate on my veil.  If I take that veil, I have to leave, without getting married.  We need you.  I have been with you for so long, and I left you alone, as long as you never married anyone.  I don't want to let you go.
Jeff: Our son needs you to be with him - and he can help you understand everything better.  That wedding was in another place, and in another time.  Look closely.
Spirit: I never forgave myself, because I let you get too close, and it happened (the pregnancy).  You were so handsome, I couldn't wait until the wedding.  (slowly)  I was the one making you clumsy.  If I could not marry him, I was determined that nobody would.  That one (Nelson)...I have never been too crazy about that one.  I tolerate that one.  I have been watching you for such a long time.
Jeff: Think of our son now, and help him find happiness.  Think of yourself.  Both of you can be happy.
Spirit: I'm only going to go because of him.  Just the two of us.  He gave me the veil, and I am taking it with me.  I am going to go, but I don't forgive you.  I have in my memory who we were, and you are as beautiful as I remember.  You always made me laugh, with that sense of humor.  I loved you.  But they will take me to a better place, because I only wanted you all for myself.  I'm okay, and I'm ready to go.  Your son's name is Gustavo, and he is ready, too.  Come on Gustavo, let's go. 
 
Nelson explained that the spirits were from Argentina, and they did not want Jeff to visit Argentina and be married to anyone else.  The veil that the bride was looking for was very long, so it would trail down the wedding aisle.  The son (Gustavo) had agreed to hide the veil and play along with the good spirits who brought his mother to the table - by telling the spirit that her wedding to Jeff would be today.
 
Spirit 6 (via Nelson):  Nelson was exhausted, but Caballito reminded him that the two of them had made a promise to Alex last week, and the spirit who wanted to speak with him was present.  Nelson said that sometimes we say things to make others happy, without realizing how serious someone might take it.  It was not something that Alex meant literally, but there was someone who took something he said to heart, and now that person was hurting.  Nelson added that sometimes the illusions that we create can become the reality for others.  The spirit was a very handsome Asian, and he was talking rapidly, as way to let Alex know it was him.  He was very nervous:
Spirit: I don't want to say anything out of place.  (to Alex)  Be careful what you say.  I'm wondering if I did something?  Did I say something?  What was it?  I thought he was my friend.  (sadly)  I don't know what happened.  I'm afraid to say anything now, because someone will get hurt.  Am I welcomed here? 
Sonia: We are nonjudgmental,  you can say whatever you want.
Spirit (tearfully):  Maybe it was my fault.  Something I didn't say, or do.  I don't want to hurt him.  He's a very nice guy, but I don't know where I belong, and it causes me pain, so I don't want to look at him.  I know I caused him a lot of pain.
Alex: You are not going to hurt me.
Spirit: I want him to be happy, and I know if I stick around, he will not be happy.  One day, one day I will understand what I did wrong.  I'm sorry if I am offending anyone.  (to Alex)  I didn't want to harm you, but I didn't want you to be happy with anyone.  How confused we get.  I didn't want to leave him, and I didn't want things to go well for him.  I hope you can forgive me, and that one day I can forgive you.  I can't say that now, I have to be honest with myself.  One day I will understand it.  I will miss you very much.  I have the right to say that.  I hope that one day, if they will allow me, I can come back and talk to you.  I would like for you to know who I am, and where I come from, so you will know more about yourself.  But I can't interfere now.
Jeff: Let him make his own choices.  You are welcome to come back here anytime.
Spirit: One day I will.  When I am able to talk.  I'm not ready yet, but I want him to hear my story.  He will understand so many things about himself, and it will help him find himself.  (referring to the spirit guide)  He promised me that opportunity.  Thank you, sir.  You allowed me to say what I wanted to say for so long.  (softly to Alex)  Goodbye, my friend, goodbye. 
 
Spirit 7 (via Nelson): Nelson gasped and took several deep breaths as the spirit left his body.  He stood up and supported his weight with the back of the chair, until his spirit guide (Caballito) arrived:
Caballito (lightly):  Feelings - who needs them?  Who wants them?  Look how they screw you up.  From a friend, a brother, loved ones (referring to the spirits we passed), look how hard feelings are!  You don't know what to do with them.  They are emotions we cannot control, but they make us who we are.  Without feelings, we are not human.  We need a philosopher to help us determine what to do with feelings.  Maybe I can ask some of you?  Gabe, how would you tell Alex to deal with his feelings?
Gabe: Express them.  Don't be afraid to get hurt.
Caballito: Understand them.  The love, hate, like, dislikes. Anger is created in our minds, and those feelings can come back to harm you. (to Gabe)  Now that you have the experienced it, is the love of an ex-girlfriend any different for you?
Gabe: Now it's probably anger.
Caballito: Don't let that happen.  Understand that feeling, but don't get angry.  That anger can bring new feelings that can harm you.  Wish her the best whenever you think of her feelings, so you can be open to new love - instead of allowing anger to take over.  (to Jeff)  That one who was here today, she was forcing her love on you, but you were not angry.  We say, 'I love you!' to everyone so easily, without knowing that we might be creating feelings that can later harm us.  Don't be so openly fast to say I love you - do you see what we can create?  Feelings!  How difficult they are.  Sometime we go into another person's home and offer our opinions - and those opinions can lead to negative feelings.  (pause)  Feelings.  Think about it.  That will be the theme for our discussion on Wednesday. 
Jeff: I was wondering what to write about.
Caballito: What a wonderful afternoon we had today.  We worked very hard (the session was three and a half hours).  It takes a lot of work and planning for one of these days.  How can I explain to a spirit that by coming here, it will be the start of a new life?  How difficult it is to convince them of their own feelings.  Not everyone goes to the same place; we have to divide ourselves.  And I understand him (Nelson) when he says he is tired, because I know he is.  I tell him that he can sleep as many hours as he wants, and he will be okay.  And Carmen?  He (Bernardo) will be okay.  Alex, are you happy?  (He was, and so was Erika).  Gabe, will you deliver a message to your mother for me?  Tell her that faith comes from knowledge, and not from a prayer.  She has little faith, and she requests a lot.  She's a good person, but sometimes her feelings are not the correct ones.  The worries of the body can become the worries of the mind.  Thank you for allowing me to do my work, in my way.  I will let you know when I have earned my first gold star.
 
Nelson closed with a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always nice to hear from you!

Just A Thought

"There were no sex classes. No friendship classes. No classes on how to navigate a bureaucracy, build an organization, raise money, ...